Friday, June 3, 2016

Review: ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate




I have probably tried a dozen different protein shakes, and this is hands down the best I have ever tasted. I was given the Vanilla Peanut Butter flavor of ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate to review, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. This protein shake is so smooth. It is not gritty or chalky. There is no weird taste like in other powders. I am very pleased with this. I am an avid fitness buff and I pretty much use protein shakes for on-the-go meals or if I need to eat something before working out that won't upset my stomach and this fits the bill. This goes down so easily, but it tastes so good that I think I need to learn to savor this kind rather than quickly sucking it down.



This tastes like a dessert, but there is no sugar in it and there is no aspartame. The other flavors they have are Chocolate Fudge Cookie and Snickerdoodle. I am pretty sure my husband would love me to get the Snickerdoodle, as that is his favorite cookie, although he really likes peanut butter and I am sure he will love this as soon as he is back from work travel and can try this out, that is if I let him have any.



1 scoop of the powder does have 24 grams of protein and only 105 calories. I did make this with milk since I have been using it as a meal replacement and need a bit more substance to tie me over to a snack time. I love that it is made with whey. I have been reading more about how protein affects the body and how soy affects the body and wanted to make sure I have a good high quality protein and for me that means looking for a whey based product.





No comments: