Friday, April 8, 2016

Camouflage Toothpick Holder


This is a gift that my son made for his dad for his birthday. He used an old K-Cup as the template and mold around which to make this. It's hard to tell from the picture because of the reflection coming off the glaze but he used a pattern stamp of fish scales. Then he painted it with green and brown underglaze and I dipped it in clear glaze before the final firing.

My husband likes his toothpicks and this was the second toothpick holder we have made for him out of pottery. I made this one for him. He has that in his office. The one my son made him is at our cabin. I do think we need to make one more for him to have in our house because I hate the plastic container we have them in now because it is always being knocked over.

* we don't actually use K-Cups really, I did a couple reviews with some but we don't make it a practice of buying them. We have a reusable K-Cup that we put our own coffee in that we typically use.

No comments: