Monday, March 14, 2016

Pinterest Inspired Food

I thought today I would share some of the dishes that I have made from pins I have found. Give you my thoughts and any changes I made to the the recipe and let you check out the recipe for yourselves on the blogs and websites where I found them. These are pictures of the food I made using these recipes provided in the links. Sometimes I just like to share the items I made on my blog so that I have a reference of how to make it again, like my own recipe catalog.



This recipe as titled by the author at Second Thought is Polenta with Mushrooms and Leeks. I varied from the recipe by making a mushroom and leek meat sauce to top it with. The only change I made to the recipe is I decreased the water to 1.5 C. Also, I wanted to note that it took quite a bit longer to get to the consistency described (even with a decrease in water). It took me 10 minutes longer than the 5-6 minutes in the recipe. Other than that, next time I won't add additional salt. I did like it and wasn't sure if I would like polenta, but it was good and I would make this again.



Recently, Chipotle released it's guacamole recipe and Takepart.com has the original recipe published on their website that you can copy. All ingredients are fresh and no dried seasonings. I made it and thought it tasted awesome and was able to use a hot pepper and cilantro from my garden to make it, which made this Chipotle Guacamole taste even more awesome!



In the spirit of trying Chipotle copycat recipes, I thought we would also try a Chipotle Cilantro-Lime Rice recipe as well that was featured on the Culinary Hill blog. The recipe seems spot on and I would give it a try if you are a Chipotle fan. I would not have thought about needing a bay leaf to make this recipe if I had not seen it listed.





No comments: