Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Easy Strawberry Art Project and AR Book Freckleface Strawberry


I did this during this past school year with my daughter's class. Our high school was putting on the musical of Freckleface Strawberry and I wanted the kids to know the story and get excited about seeing the play. Her classmates love when I comes in and read to them (even if the book is below their grade level) and I am pretty sure they love it even more then I bring in a project for them.

To make these strawberries I just created a couple of templates so that those who wanted to trace the shape construction paper could. I cut up green construction paper in to squares (6 per strawberry) and rectangles (1 for the stem) in advance. To make the seeds, I just gave them q-tips and a little black tempera paint.

It was a relatively quick project, but it was fun for them and I think make the book and musical even more meaningful for them.

No comments: