Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Fun Stitching on a Baby Blanket


I decided to try out my new sewing machine and all these new FUN stitches I have that I never did before (I used to have a very basic sewing machine but will be giving it to my daughter as a gift).

I made this for my new nephew and thought it would be fun to made a double sided baby blanket and then add decorative stitching on the top and bottom edges.

If you have never made a double sided blanket before, just cut out your fabric (2 pieces) 1/2" larger on all sides. Pin the right sides together and stitch a 1/2" straight seam using a regular stitch and all 4 sides, but leaving about a 2" unstitched gap on the 4th side. Pull your fabric through the gap so that the right sides are out. Fold in the edges of the gap and pin in the place.

I did my decorate stitching on this 4th side so that the gap was stitched closed, then also did it on the opposite side.

In case you are wondering, my new sewing is this Singer 7256 Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine. I am just loving it so far!

No comments: