Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Review: Dual Julienne and Vegetable Peeler



I thought this would be a fun product (Priority Chef Dual Julienne and Vegetable Peeler) to try out because I have never used a flat julienne peeler like this and I like the idea of a combo product. This is very sharp and felt like a high quality peeler. The above picture is a close up so that you can see the peeler edge, but you can also see through the opening for the peeler and see the teeth for the julienne edge as well.


Here is the packaging that it came in. Do you notice the word Zoodles? I had to look it up because I had never heard that term before. Zoodles is the name for Zucchini Noodles. Ahhhhh! Makes perfect sense. I just referred to it as Zucchini Spaghetti, but I like Zoodles better. Since I have been trying to eat more paleo and low-carb this peeler will get a lot of use making Zoodles.


It makes wide peels, so you can peel items quicker because more peel comes off with every slice.


I cut up some cucumber slices and julienne carrots to serve on the dinner table with our salads. The kids thought it was really neat that they had small thin strip of carrots.


My daughter liked it so much at supper time that she asked if she could have some of these "fancy" carrots in her lunch. Anything that encourages the kids to ask to eat fruits and veggies is awesome in my book!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

Fathima Syed Ali said...

The peeler looks wide and strong enough, so as to peel quickly with dual option as well. I use one peeler in my kitchen, but 'Dual Julienne and Vegetable Peeler' seems to be one of those best options.

Kristie said...

I hate our peeler at my house. At least the one that I use. This looks like a likely replacement! Thanks for the honest review! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.