Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: Bake It Fun Silicone Mat



I am no stranger to silicone baking mats. I bought some when they first came out about a dozen or so years ago, but I have to say that the quality in the mats have increased tremendously in the last years, including this Bake It Fun Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat.

I really like that it includes marking as to wear I should put my cookies. I haven't had any cookies melting together in to a mega cookie since I started using this mat. Plus, this circle marks are great for when you want to make cookies with a kid. You can give them the instructions to put them on the mat on the circles and they know exactly what you mean and you don't end up with a bunch of groupings of cookies that you have to discreetly move so that they don't get upset that you didn't like how they did it. Those of you with young kids, know exactly what I am talking about.


The reason that I love using the Bake It Fun Silicone Mat the most is that I don't have to use any non-stick cooking spray (saving me money from purchasing that over the years) and clean up is a breeze. There is no oil residue baking on my pans that I have to scrub off. I just take a wet washcloth and easily wipe everything away.

For the first time I thought I would try cooking meatballs on the mat. I was always nervous about how it would do with hot meat grease on it, but it worked just fine.

This mat is worth the investment. I was just looking over the reviews on Amazon and it has 119 reviews right and with an average score of 4.9 out of 5. Looks like I am not the only one that likes this mat. You can BUY it from AMAZON.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how awesome!! I love to bake and was always wondering how these worked! :)

Will Quackenbush said...

Great idea!

Mom Knows Best said...

I love my baking mats and use them for everything. I could my fries on them also, no need for grease or turning them.