Monday, September 8, 2014

Make It Monday: Coconut Flour Crepes




This is my third crepes recipe on Save Green Being Green. Can you tell we like crepes in our house? They all serve to fit different kinds of ways of eating. This particular recipe is more suited to a low carb or paleo diet. If you are looking for a different crepes recipe, try out Clean Eating Crepes or My Favorite Crepes (traditional with white flour) recipes.

Coconut Flour Crepes
6 eggs
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 T unsweetened almond milk
1 packet stevia
4 T coconut flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:


Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine with vigorous whisking or use the whisk attachment for an immersion blender. Coconut flour tends to be clumpy so you have to whisk vigorously.

Preheat a 10" frying pan over med-low heat.

Using a 1/4 C, scoop batter in to the heated (spray with non-stick spray before each crepe) frying pan and swirl the pan to spread the batter over the surface.

Cook until you see the sides are done and the middle begins to bubble. This will only take 15-20 seconds. Then flip and cook on the second side.

Top with you favorite low-carb toppings. I used Nutilight Low Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Chocolate Spread that I bought on Amazon and Low Carb Raspberry Sauce.

Enjoy!


5 comments:

Holly @ Woman Tribune said...

These crepes look absolutely delicious. I love coconut, never get sick of it and am always looking for ways to use it in recipes.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wow i absolutely loved the recipe and its a must have for a party which i will be organizing over the weekend..

Era Light (Melissa George)

Uplifting Families said...

These look yummy. It has been a long time since I have had crepes.

Lexie Lane said...

I really love crepes. I know I'd enjoy this a lot. Something I could definitely try.