Friday, April 11, 2014

Fitness Friday: Medford Community 5K Run/Walk


There are a couple upcoming local races I wanted to tell you about, this first one is the Medford Community 5K Run/Walk and will be on Sunday, May 4th @ 3:30pm. Print off the above picture and send in your registration form to the address listed above. There will also be a Kids Fun Run at 1:45pm for ages Preschool to 4th grade.

My daughter and I have both participated in these runs the last 2 years. This will be the third year for this run. Proceeds for the free will donation will go towards purchasing water bottle filling stations throughout the school. You can also find the registration form at www.medford.k12.mn.us .

Register by 4/18/14 (that is in a week) and get a race t-shirt.


8 comments:

Julie said...

I should look in the paper to see if there are some local races around me. I really want to do one.

Unknown said...

I hope to start training for a 5K soon. I am doing the couch to 5K.

Michelle F.

Mom Knows Best said...

http://www.runningintheusa.com/ is a great place to find races in your town.

ReviewsSheRote said...

sounds like a great mother/daughter bonding day.

MikiHope said...

Water bottle filling stations? In a School? I am not quite understanding what that is but I am sure it is a worthy cause. No, I don't run but have been known to donate to local ones!

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Water bottle filling stations are they can quickly refill their water bottles and get back to class. Kids are allowed to have water bottles in class with them which keeps them from leaving class to get a drink and they do not need to stress out about trying to get a drink between class time. Filling up water bottles from a fountain take a lot longer because they are meant to put water out so people can easily drink from it.

Czjai said...

Good luck on your run! I'm sure it's gonna be fun! (Well, that rhymed. Haha!)

Leelo said...

Good luck with your run!