Sunday, March 23, 2014

Loom Knit Boot Cuffs

These were quick to whip up and you could easily embellish them with buttons or hand sew some lace to them at the top if you wanted additional detail.


Here you can see all the supplies I used and the finished cuffs. Not sure why one looks bigger than the other in this picture. They were made on the same loom and fit the same.

I used the smallest Knifty Knitter loom that is used to make infant hats. I started out by casting on with an e-wrap and then pulling over a single stitch to make 10 rows. After making 10 rows I put the first row back on the pegs and pulled the stitches over so that it created a brim.


Then I continued to cast on 20 more rows to make sure that they were long enough to go in to my boots a bit to where the back of my boots  has a cut out design.

To finish the bottom I made a single chain around the bottom using a crochet hook. But if you have bigger calves this will make too tight of a bottom for you and would recommend using a needle and threading yarn through it and taking the stitches off and use a whip stitch on the loops and the space between the loops.


8 comments:

Julie said...

This sounds pretty simple. I think I need to give loom knitting a try! Thanks for the idea!

Scott said...

That's a neat idea for dressing up cheaper boots. Will have to show this to my boot-loving daughter!

Unknown said...

That is an awesome idea. I need to make some to go with my daughter's boots.

Michelle F.

Unknown said...

gives a great pop of color! love it

renblogger said...

Cool! My BIL uses a loom to knit socks for their kids and ours! It's a great tool!

BCallahan said...

We went out and bought a few loom kits last year and have made tons of things....we have not made boot cuffs yet but thanks for sharing because now it is something else the kids can make.

Debbie Jean said...

oh these are so cute! I've always wanted to try out loom knitting too! It looks like so much fun and my kids could even help!

Jessica Cassidy said...

You are very skillful :-) I like that :-) I bet it keeps your feet warm :-)