Monday, February 24, 2014

Make It Monday: Chocolate Almond Date Protein Balls



I was experimenting again because I couldn't find the protein balls recipe I made before with chia seeds and wheat germ and then I bought some dates because I had seen a different one that used dates and well, I couldn't find that one I liked either. I guess I should have pinned it. So, if you like this one, be sure to pin it so you don't forget where you found the recipe. This is a delightful clean eating recipe and it makes up a whole bunch, so you can easily go in the fridge and grab 3 of them for a quick snack.

Chocolate Almond Date Protein Energy Balls

1 C dried dates (soak for an hour before making the recipe if they are not very soft)
1 C unsalted almonds
2 T baking cocoa
2 T chia seeds
1 T honey
2 T natural peanut butter
2 T coconut oil
2 scoops chocolate protein powder


Directions:

  • In a food processor, combine ALL ingredients on high. You may pulverize almonds first, but I didn't need to.
  • Shape/Press in to 1" balls
  • Makes 30 balls
  • Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks

11 comments:

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

Looks like a great snack for work or school :)

Unknown said...

Yummy! I love protein recipes!! Need to pin this

krystal said...

This looks awesome! I'm trying to find quick ways to stay healthy...and this would be great for breakfast on the go!

Unknown said...

Great recipe, I love no bake treats that are healthy. Try switching out the cocoa for cacao powder (a form of cocoa that still has the oils and hasn't been heated). You'll add more minerals and good fats. I'm going to try these for sure.

Heather said...

what a great looking snack! so easy to make too! I love that it's made with added sugar as well

Debi said...

I hadn't heard of protein bars. But I have been seeing chia seeds in a lot of recipes.

mystylespot said...

These look so yummy and being a vegetarian, im so excited they have protein!

LaVonne said...

I make a date ball recipe too but it doesn't look as good as this one. Thank you. Adding PB and Cocoa Powder is something I will do in the future!

mail4rosey said...

I saw these somewhere once and wanted to tag them... I forget where it was, but now I see these, and I'm bookmarking those puppies. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Bibiana Bailey said...

I am trying to get my boys on more protein diet. Wonder if they would like these in their lunch boxes. I must try it :)

Unknown said...

That looks really good. Love dates and chocolate.

Michelle F.