Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Try It Tuesday - Glam'ed Up Flip Flops


We made these flip flops during Camp MOM (stay tuned, there will be a other posts about our crafts and activities coming up over the next few weeks!)

I bought $1 flip flops when Old Navy had their sale, 3 bunches of flowers from the dollar store (although most of us chose the same flowers) and used leftover fabric and leftover beads and also used needle, thread & scissors.


All we did was cut strips of fabric that were about 1/2" in width by about 18" in length. We cut 2 pieces of fabric for each flip flop, so you need 4 strips for a pair. Next tie (double knot) one piece of fabric to one of the flip flop bands and wrap around until you come to the center where the two bands meet and then tie again. Repeat for all bands. Tie the ends of the fabric in the center where the two bands meet together. If your fabric is too thick to stay tie, you will need to put in a couple stitches to keep it in place.

Next take your flowers off the stem and remove all the plastic pieces, then re-stack your flower petals. Stitch the petal to the fabric in the center, as you bring your thread through the top add a bead and pull your thread back through the petals to the fabric. Repeat that for every bead you are adding. Tie off thread when you are finished.

7 comments:

The Yogi Vegetarian said...

Brillianr craft! Lots of fun, useful, saves money... ticks all boxes in fact! Thanks for sharing :)

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Thanks! They are cute and the ones I made look great with my new summer dress. I can't wait to share more from Camp MOM with my readers.

C Tarkes said...

They turned out great! I've been looking for some fun ideas like this for my daughters. Thanks!

Jessica said...

Thanks Candace!

Motherhood on the Rocks said...

Super cute! I want to do this with my little ones!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea! I love this! What a cool way to jazz up some plain ol' $1 flip flops into something really fun and flirty!

Unknown said...

Wonderful craft! My girls love flip flops like these but if you buy them in the store they can run on the pricey side. Now I will be able to make them and cheaply.