Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12 Gifts of Christmas: Wide Figure 8 Scarf on the Knifty Knitter


I actually bought this beautiful yarn a year ago intending to make a different scarf pattern, but the instructions were not very clear, so I decided on a different stitch than I have done hats in past because it would showcase the texture of this yarn. In this picture, you get to see the finished project. I was extremely happy with how this scarf turned out.

Here you can see the beginnings of the scarf. After you are finished making the length, you will come back to the beginning and do a simple crochet chain stitch with the first loops that were cast one, so you will need a crochet hook for this project. I think I used a G hook, but others close to that size are fine. The chain stitch on the beginning edge is very simple because there is only one set of loops, there is more steps involved in the finishing edge.

You can find all the detailed instructions on doing this stitch and binding off by looking at the .pdf file from the manufacturer, Provo Craft.

This is what the figure 8 stitch looks like up close. I brought this project along with me while I took my daughter to lessons, so I am not sure how long it took me to actually make it with various interruptions. I am guessing it was no longer than 3 hours cumulative.

Looking for other Knifty Knitter Project Ideas? Check out these ones I have done:

Or How About Some Straw Weaving:

2 comments:

Kera @ Nugget On A Budget said...

What a pretty scarf! I'm a little obsessed with them this year :) And I might need to buy me one of those knifty knitters...then maybe I'd actually finish a project!

Thanks for stopping by and following--following you now too, GFC and Facebook style. And I think Twitter too :)

EcoMama said...

I'm sad to see, and say, that the Provocraft website no longer has any info at all about the Knifty Knitter. I bought a long loom for my dd last Xmas, and we tried it a little, but I'd like to see what else it can do, but my searches are coming up pretty sketchy. Please let me know if there are any other sites that have current info. Thank you for your lovely tutorial, too!