Monday, October 15, 2012

Make It Monday: Pumpkin Bars Recipe

I can't believe I haven't already shared this pumpkin recipe with you. Be sure to check out all my other pumpkin recipes. I love to cook with pumpkin. It is chock full of nutrients and fiber!  This recipe originally came from a church cookbook, but I have since modified it to be a little healthier (not by much, just made a couple changes.) These bars are always quick to be devoured!



Pumpkin Bars Recipe

2 C pureed pumpkin
2 C whole wheat flour
1 C raw sugar
1/2 C canola oil
1/2 C natural apple sauce
4 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp almond extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 jelly roll pans (about 11x16) with non-stick spray.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
Divide equally between the two pans.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Cool. Dust with powdered or top with cream cheese frosting (if desired.)
Enjoy!


4 comments:

Kristie said...

Yum yum! I love pumpkin recipes too. Have you tried the Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses? Wonderful!!! Thanks for the recipe. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kelly said...

Those look really good!

Kelly said...

Those look really good!

Vicki said...

Oooh! I love anything pumpkin so I'm definitely going to try these!!!