Monday, September 17, 2012

Make It Monday: Crockpot Applesauce Recipe



Ahhhhhh! I love Fall, don't you? Apple picking, hay rides, Halloween, falling leaves, crisp air, and homemade apple sauce. There is something so comforting about a bowl of warm apple sauce (maybe even with a little whip cream on top!) And it is so easy to make! I use a food processor to puree my apples so that I can keep the peel on (we all know that is where the best nutrients are!) and have just a bit of a chunkier apple sauce.

Crockpot Applesauce Recipe


10 of your favorite med-large sized apples
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 cinnamon sticks
(optional) sweetener to taste if you have tart apples (use sucanat, honey or agave)

* Remove cores from apples and puree in a food processor.
* Pour all pureed apples in to slow cooker.
* Mix in lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, ans sweetener.
* Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
* Remove cinnamon sticks.
* Serve or pour into processed jars to can.
* Enjoy!





4 comments:

Rose-Marie said...

I love making applesauce, typically I use Granny Smith. I haven't tried it in the crockpot, sounds wonderful!!! Must try this!

Anonymous said...

What size crock pot? I have a 1.5qt pot.

Unknown said...

Can you freeze?

Mom of Two said...

Yes, I do freeze apple sauce and it works great as a way to keep it longer.
-Jessica