Sunday, March 7, 2010

#133 Make a Recycled Snack Box

We made this out of an old Schwan's box and some magazines destined for the recycling bin. My daughter and I made an evening project out of cutting out pictures of healthy food to decoupage to the top, sides & bottom of the box (so there is no indication it once held frozen pancakes.) She loved this little project and would get so excited each time she found another healthy food . After we finished gluing the pictures all on, I covered it with clear packing tape (because I was using up something we already owned) and then filled it up with snacks of hers. I thought this would be a good way to consolidate all her snacks into one spot rather than having several boxes of raisins, bars, fruit strips, etc, (which tend to take up quite a bit of space in the pantry.)

No comments: